I have a big stir-fry pan that I bought from a store called World Market. The first time I used it, the pan got all ugly as some pans do after use. My boyfriend just cooked some pasta in it, cleaned the pan, and used a paper towel to dry it and the pan like… Came off. The paper towel looked like it had disgusting gunk on it and it came off with my finger too. Really disturbing and unfortunately after I finished my pasta. I’m a bit concerned. I just ate it basically. Mostly I probably have a weird tasting metal taste from me thinking about it but also ugh. Tossing that disgusting pan away. Good thing it’s only been used twice
I honestly have so many messages like this one in my inbox and it’s so sad that you guys are having so much trouble with calories and food, I wish I could give you all hugs. I think I generally get 10+ a day.
Instead of individually replying to a heap of similar messages, please know:
- Your body needs as much food as it tells you it needs. It’s smart. Listen to it because sometimes your mind will tell you a different story.
- Nourish your mind, body and soul with good food. Food is a source of enjoyment and fuel, not a source of guilt.
- Calories only count if you count them. You are not a number, you’re a person. Life isn’t meant to be spent calculating the minute energy differences between foods.
- Bodies can handle days where you eat more, they’re pretty clever like that!
- You are entitled to food. You don’t need to exercise for it.
- I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Food isn’t the enemy. The only time you should feel guilty around food is when you don’t make the most of a buffet.