Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.
I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, k?
Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.
2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your ass, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and shit and burns those 2000 calories.
To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a fucking lot of calories, okay? Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.
- One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
- One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
- One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
- 21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.
Did you ruin all your progress? No.
Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.
Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.
Cause shit happens.
But we move on, and we stay determined, and we get fucking results because thats how bad we want it. You started this journey, and you’re going to finish it. One bump in the road is just that. A little bump in your road.
So, k. Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself. You had a bad night but you’re going to make better choices next time. Now go drink that glass of water, take an advil, do some exercise, and remember that you’re a badass fitblr too full of determination to have any room for fucks to give.
I fucking love this. So right.
The worst thing you could do is freak out because that’ll stress you out and maybe cause you to eat more.
- onlythefittestsurvive reblogged this from dropawaistsize
- thin-ish likes this
- minikee reblogged this from mindy-fit
- fandomsofalifetime likes this
- championsaremade likes this
- omg-jbernstein-blr likes this
- kingmelikejames likes this
- juliameszaros likes this
- parkkaeyon likes this
- andthereaintnoday likes this
- espoir-et-amour reblogged this from fitandhealthyvegan and added:
- espoir-et-amour likes this
- flaunters likes this
- diamondjessica likes this
- offtoneverneverlandforme reblogged this from 16-goingonsize1
- xsocbasketcountry likes this
- theoncomingstormloki reblogged this from inspirationforlookinggood
- every-day-anevv reblogged this from for-berryfit-body
- houndedinbedfordfalls likes this
- theternalwanderer likes this
- storytruths likes this
- storytruths reblogged this from aghostinhisdreams
- haamartia reblogged this from aghostinhisdreams
- rotbtd-drabbles-and-edits likes this
- insanity6666 reblogged this from aghostinhisdreams
- insanity6666 likes this
- emptylittlequalia reblogged this from aghostinhisdreams
- lovesmisha likes this
- hiddles-is-my-king reblogged this from aqueenaloneandfree
- bettymakemewetty reblogged this from aqueenaloneandfree
- aqueenaloneandfree reblogged this from hopira
- random-piglet-on-the-run reblogged this from hopira
- aghostinhisdreams reblogged this from hopira
- aghostinhisdreams likes this
- hopira reblogged this from happy-healthy-and-fit
- alyceinwonderlandd likes this
- mula likes this
- hayhayitsraerae reblogged this from pagesofpaiiges
- pagesofpaiiges reblogged this from countrybarbie67
- sherlockhomiee likes this
- undomesticated-equines reblogged this from 6ftunderthemoonlight
- undomesticated-equines likes this
- fit-healthy-funny likes this
- fit-healthy-funny reblogged this from to-one-day-be-proud
- 6ftunderthemoonlight reblogged this from asanaambitions
- to-one-day-be-proud reblogged this from leaner-stronger-healthier
- pb-n-tea reblogged this from asanaambitions
- icaruspiercer reblogged this from asanaambitions
- femme-fetard likes this