Easy Fruit & Herb Flavored Water
- fruit — 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple…most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
- herbs — a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
- water (tap or filtered)
- iceDirectionsSupplies needed: 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid; muddler or wooden spoon
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combo you desire.
1. If using herbs, add a sprig of fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise leaves and release flavor; don’t pulverize the herbs into bits.
2. Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
3. Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
4. Add water to top of jar/pitcher.
5. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
ALL CITRUS (no herbs) — Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) — Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
PINEAPPLE MINT — Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
BLACKBERRY SAGE — Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
WATERMELON ROSEMARY — Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.
Summer tiiiiiiime, and the living’s easy!!
I need to save this. I spend far too much on flavory water.
(via wethinkwedream)Posted 2 years ago with 13,459 notes
- lunarsunset likes this
- alpha-stark likes this
- szerencsekiss reblogged this from lunaresse
- tropical-insanity likes this
- ubercute621 reblogged this from losing-every-extra-pound
- mikimeiko reblogged this from venivicivetinari
- crystalizedbonez likes this
- pariaespiritu likes this
- jumavae likes this
- agirlmonster reblogged this from petitsirena
- fitfatproblems reblogged this from fitspiration and added:
- abrasive likes this
- nurseofgreenmeadow likes this
- mentalvegetarian likes this
- zakupoholiczka likes this
- ambivertedpleasures reblogged this from mewithout-u
- mimislove8 likes this
- notsweatbutglitter reblogged this from fit---girl
- redcranberries likes this
- cardio-and-yoga reblogged this from fit---girl
- its-a-slow-process reblogged this from fit---girl
- leigh-baby reblogged this from fit---girl
- elegant-wh0rre likes this
- food-something reblogged this from fit---girl
- yourvoicewithin reblogged this from fit---girl
- f-leurbaby likes this
- beautifullyhorrible likes this
- opal-light likes this
- strawberryphuqface likes this
- myovaries-exo-ploded likes this
- fit---girl reblogged this from fit---girl
- coffeeandsleepdeprivation likes this
- bektashmumbler reblogged this from fitvix
- fitvix reblogged this from healthy-fit--for-life
- 2girls1baguette reblogged this from healthy-and-motivated
- cuddledragon likes this
- yokaiakito reblogged this from fitspiration
- radovci likes this
- whiskthisinthekitchen reblogged this from lemonade-days
- waywardbard likes this
- beastandthecharlotte reblogged this from whatthepeachfuzz
- pandapearlrawrmeow reblogged this from losing-every-extra-pound
- llfoolh likes this
- sadkitty000 likes this
- kaya31 likes this
- fudgeling reblogged this from benedikutokanbabatchi
- xanabananadu likes this
- its-margarita-time reblogged this from befit-behealthy-beyou