While it might seem hard to understand how deep breathing can have such an essential impact on back pain relief, the science behind this technique is actually very simple. When someone experiences pain, the tendency is to turn to shallow breathing techniques which deprive the brain and the activity pain receptors intensifies, so the pain increases as a result.
Those who want to enjoy the benefits of yoga in the comfort of their own home will be pleased to find out that there are certain positions that can instantly relieve pain in as little as 10 or 15 minutes per session. The following poses will not only relieve pain but with regular sessions you will be able to prevent back pain more effectively. These poses will help increase spinal flexibility and strengthen the core, making certain movements easier by proving a better support for the spinal muscles.
Cat Stretch: (breathing technique)
Stay on your hands and knees maintaining a flat back. Make sure that your hands, wrists and shoulders form a straight line and your knees are set directly below your hips. Inhale and as you start exhaling round your chin towards the ceiling, tucking the chin towards the chest.
Hold this position for a few seconds than comer back to the initial position. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this posture. This posture helps establishes an ideal spinal alignment and strengthens the back muscles proving an instant relief.
Child’s pose is a very relaxing, being the ideal pose that you can use to unwind after a stressful day. Start by kneeling on the floor with your feet together placed together. Inhale deeply and gradually bring your torso near the inner thighs. Slide your hands back along the body, placing the forehead near the floor. Exhale and hold this position for a few minutes until you being feeling a nice relief.
Downward facing dog:
This pose offers a total body stretch being very effective. Come to your hands and knees with your hands directly under your shoulders. Next, move your hands and legs forward at about a 90 degrees angle, spreading the fingers as much as you comfortably can. Rotate the upper arms moving the shoulder blades away from your ears.
Using your quadriceps raise your upper body until you form an upside V position and hold this position inhaling and exhaling at regular intervals. Come back to the original position and repeat this posture 5 times.
Remember to breath correctly during every pose. This is very important.
- krasoti likes this
- larouxa likes this
- healthylittlebee reblogged this from backonpointe
- danipeng likes this
- secret-diary-of-a-fit-girl reblogged this from hexaneandheels
- stretch-it reblogged this from yogi-health
- glitter-in-the-darkness reblogged this from pleasedontbreakit
- storiesforboys likes this
- work-out-for-me likes this
- stayhomestayweird likes this
- mariam-silagadze likes this
- eternity-memories likes this
- lady-dove likes this
- mad-secrets likes this
- lust-thrust reblogged this from slimmingthehealthyway
- gettingfitttttttttttttttttt reblogged this from slimmingthehealthyway
- chocabookaholic likes this
- living-for-symphonies likes this
- slimmingthehealthyway reblogged this from slimdowntothin
- kaylanekole likes this
- lycomaniiac likes this
- iamthedamselindistress likes this
- fitspo-rations likes this
- positively-healthyandfit reblogged this from roadtopro
- roadtopro reblogged this from slimmingthehealthyway
- lower-backpain-relief likes this
- stephofthenorth likes this
- teenageride likes this
- backonpointe reblogged this from hexaneandheels
- nortsandjackrogers reblogged this from hexaneandheels
- gabigettingfit reblogged this from alice-carroll
- idontknowwhatelseicando likes this
- li-belle likes this
- lepamplemoose likes this
- peaceloveandhealth likes this
- tauntingly-simple reblogged this from hhappylliving
- that-skinny likes this
- hhappylliving likes this
- hhappylliving reblogged this from slimdowntothin
- surfaceact reblogged this from jazzy-honey
- voice-of-treasonn likes this
- oliviapple likes this
- miserablyprivileged likes this
- morticia--addams likes this