Health benefits of coconut oil.
I hadn’t heard much about coconut oil until recently, and as it’s a part of my new diet I thought I’d do a bit of research to find out why.
• Coconut Oil is a rich source of fibre, vitamins (particularly B and C) and minerals (including iron, potassium and phosphorous).
• An effective energy booster.
• Helps reduce inflammation.
• A powerful antioxidant, which helps to boost the immune system andprotect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals.
• Has anti viral, anti bacterial, and anti fungal properties.
• Assists in the elimination of parasites.
• Aids digestion, and is beneficial for sufferers of Crohn’s and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
• Helps to restore the electrolyte balance during gastric upsets.
• Can provide relief for constipation sufferers.
• Coconut oil can assist in providing relief from yeast infections.
• Can assist in treating ear infections.
• A great moisturizer.
• Helps alleviate the symptoms of eczema and other skin conditions.
• Beneficial for sufferers of asthma, and other respiratory conditions.
• A lovely hair conditioner and can help to control dandruff.
• Supports and helps to regulate healthy thyroid functioning.
• Helps reduce the signs of fine lines and pre-mature aging.
• A wonderful healthy heart tonic. Naturally helps to lower cholesterol and high blood pressure.
• Assists in the regulation of blood sugars.
• Can put it on cuts and wounds to protect from infection.
• Assists in weight loss. Contrary to popular belief, saturated fat is not allbad! An important point to note though, is DO avoid hydrogenated coconut oil. Coconut oil can in fact, help to speed up your metabolism.
• Can help to relieve the symptoms of urinary tract infections.
• Helps to dissolve kidney stones.
• Assists in alleviating the symptoms of menopause and PMS.
• Assists in the absorption of calcium and magnesium, leading to stronger bones and teeth, and therefore reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
• Coconut oil contains around the same amount of lauric acid that is found in breast milk. This wonderful nutrient is what helps to strengthen the immune systems of new born babies.
I bolded the last one because it really stuck out to me. It must be pretty powerful stuff!
Do you use coconut oil?
(taken from http://abundanceofwellness.com/blog/benefits-of-coconut-oil/)