I don’t normally eat cereal for breakfast (usually as a late night snack) because it bloats me up like crazy, but I decided to add banana slices to my cereal one night because it was getting too brown. It was the first time I’d ever decided to add fruit to my cereal and it was so good. So I had it for breakfast the next day (regrettably because I bloated) and took these to share with you all.
Posts tagged health.
Vegan Quesadilla’s! (My own recipe)
These are pretty easy to make and taste great.
- 2 tortilla’s or one to fold in half (I use wheat or corn)
- Earth Balance Natural Spreads (or other vegan butter or a healthy oil)
- Fresh spinach
- Daiya Vegan Cheese
- add other things if you’d like
Preparation and Directions:
Slice your zucchini and tomato in good sized slices and however much soyrizo you want to add out of the packaging and ready to throw on top. Let pan heat over a medium heat and add butter once hot enough. Add first tortilla and begin adding ingredients. Cheese first so it has a chance to melt. I don’t go in any particular order, though normally adding the spinach last. When adding soyrizo, just add little bits of it all around the tortilla. After adding the veggies and soyrizo, you can add a bit more cheese for good sticking, then add the last tortilla on top. Add more butter to the pan and flip! It shouldn’t take too long to cook but I burnt the bottom of mine (though it still tasted great). Just make sure to watch and check on it. Slice and enjoy with your favorite hot sauce or salsa!
In order to be healthy, potatoes need to be prepared correctly. This means they are baked without salt and eaten skin and all. When cooked this way they contain a number of important vitamins and nutrients. They contain 48% of your daily value of vitamin C and 46% of your daily value of B-6. They also provide nutrients such as potassium, iron, and magnesium. They even contain 38.9 mg of omega-3 fatty acids. When additives like sour cream and butter are left off, potatoes are a very low fat food. Potato nutrition is a little more complex than you may have previously thought.
Potatoes have more nutritional value than most people think. Depending on how they are prepared, potatoes can actually be very nutritious. They contain vitamins, nutrients, and omega-3 fatty acids. With these beneficial spuds, there is no need to feel guilty about indulging in a tasty baked potato.
My dinner from tonight. 2 cups/containers of strawberry soy yogurt, green grapes, 2 bananas (I was so full I couldn’t finish the 3rd), organic strawberry lemonade (half), and an organic chocolate chip cookie.
I enjoy eating light, and it was all cold food. Eating hot food when it’s hot out is not very nice. This was also gentle on my stomach. I felt full, but not super bloat-y or the same full I feel after I eat a veggie burger.
Randomly decided to go through some new followers and thought I’d promo a few.
This is the veggie wrap from a few days ago that I suspected had mayo. It didn’t ooze out or anything so I don’t know. Anyway, it was good. With frips on the side that I couldn’t even finish but that’s okay.
for all of you who practice bikram yoga please, please, please read this article
“The function of sweat is to cool your body down when it is overheated. This can happen during a vigorous exercise session (such as hot yoga) or by 9 a.m. on an August morning in the Bayou City. The cause of the sweat does not significantly affect its content, which is primarily water with traces of minerals, though not enough to merit the term detoxification.”
71 year old Mimi Kirk is a (healthy) vegan with little to no signs of aging. She looks and feels great! This video is a bit old but I bet she hasn’t aged a bit (pun intended, I think). I’m going to be like that one day.
I decided to gather a list of health related documentaries. I have seen a few of them and plan on watching more. You can watch available films online, buy them, search for them on Netflix, or download the torrents (which I do and is safe). If you would like to torrent videos and don’t know how, let me know and I will explain it (: Also, It took me 5 hours to get this all together. Please do not re-post or steal as your own. Thank you.
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (trailer / full)
- The Please Trap (I can’t find a trailer, but you can buy the book, download the torrent, or watch Douglas Lisle’s Pleasure Trap lecture/presentation).
- Tapped (trailer / full)
- Burzynski, the Movie: Cancer Is Serious Business (full)
- FORKS OVER KNIVES (trailer / full)
- Food, inc (trailer)
- Supersize me (full)
- Fast Food Nation (trailer)
- Food Matters (trailer)
- Get Veducated (trailer)
- Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 days (trailer)
- Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World (trailer / full)
- Earthlings (trailer / full)
- Food that Kills (full)
- The Cure for Cancer (full) - lecture
- The Role of Meat in the Human Diet (full) - lecture
- The Waiting Room (trailer)
- Bigger Stronger Faster (trailer / full)
- Autism: Made in the Usa (trailer)
- How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind (full) - lecture
- Thrive: What on Earth will it Take? (trailer / full) (not health)
- The Big Fat Truth about Low Fat Foods (full) - very interesting!
- The Truth about Exercise (full)
- Chow Down (trailer / full)
- The Beautiful Truth - movie-documentary (trailer / full)
- The Gerson Miracle (trailer / full)
- The Vaccine Nation (trailer / full)
- Dying to Have Known (full)
- King Corn (trailer / full)
- The Dirt on Farmer John (trailer)
- Food Fight (trailer)
- All in this Tea (trailer)
- The Future of Food (trailer / full)
- Scientists Under Attack: GMO (trailer / full)
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Helps alleviate gastrointestinal irritants, inflammatory or infectious fermentation and ulcers.
- Helps with Hepatobiliary Disorders.
- Helps alleciate rheumatism, arthritis, and allergic diseases such as rhinitis or asthma.
- Helps control cholesterol levels, glucose and uric acid as, well as
blood pressure and venous circulation.
- Help regulates metabolism.
- Helps alleviate gastritis, hyperacidity, peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal infections and inflammatory bowel disease, colitis
and irritable colon.
- Helps alleviate thrush, gingivitis, periodontitis, oral and esophageal candidiasis.
- Acts as an antinflammatory (autoimmune type
arthritis and tumors).
- Great topical aid for burns and sunburns.
- Helps to fade age spots and moisturizes skin.
- Helps to alleviate muscle and joint pain.
- Helps skin conditions such as acne and blemishes, wounds, sores, eczema and psoriasis, as well as inflammation and itching of the skin.
Vitamins: A, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, and beta-carotene Hill.
Minerals: Aluminum, sulfur, barium, boron, calcium, copper, chromium, strontium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, nickel, potassium, silicon, sodium, titanium, iodine and zinc.
Amino Acids: (Essential) Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, Leucine, Methionine, Lysine, Tryptophan. (Non-essential) aspartic acid, glutamic acid, alanine, proline, histidine, Serine, Glycine, Arginine, Tyrosine.
Reblogging this again because I got an aloe vera plant. Going to put it to great use! I want to make aloe vera juice because the bottles kind is really good so when I find a good recipe to try, I will post it. Just do your research and be careful eating it because it can cause some problems.
Via Growing Organic, Eating Organic fb page
This photo was taken at a supermarket called The Green Grocer in Porthsmouth, RI. Let’s encourage all of our grocery stores to tell the truth like this! And also contact Kashi and let them know that you don’t want GMO Soy and Pesticides.
The yellow signs read: “You might be wondering where your favorite Kashi cereals have gone. It has recently come to our attention that 100% of the soy used in Kashi is Genetically Modified and that when the USDA tested the grains used there were found to be pesticides that are known carcinogens and hormone disruptors.”
Toasted whole wheat, pepper-jack flavored rice ‘cheese’, boca ‘chicken’ patty, tomato, spinach, and about 1/4th of an avocado.
I’ve never been a fan of toasted sandwiches but I recently wanted to try it and am glad that I did. This was a delicious sandwich. Oh, and the usual orange carrot mango juice.