Really want to share this recipe with you all for these vegan Cocoa Pancakes that I made the other day! They were delicious. I put white chocolate peanut butter on them as well. So delicious.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup light spelt flour (or whole wheat, all purpose etc)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or agave nectar) plus extra for serving
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to curdle, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl until combined. Add the curdled milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It should be a tad loose-seeming.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Drop ¼ cup measures of the batter into the pan (not too many at a time!). When bubbles start to peak through the surface and you see a bit of light browning/crisping up on the underside, flip the pancakes over carefully, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the other side, remove from the pan and set aside on a covered plate to keep warm.