Greek Yogurt, Granola, Blueberries and Strawberries
Posts tagged snacks.
THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT!
hello perfect treat! strawberries, almonds, dark chocolate chips & walnut pieces.
What to Eat After a Workout:
After Cardio- you need to replenish fluids and more carbs than proteins. try:
- Oatmeal with skim milk and a banana
- Toast with cottage cheese and jam
After Weights- you need mainly protein. Try:
- Chicken breast with broccoli
- Egg white veggie omlet with salsa
After Weights and Cardio- you need a carb to protein ratio of 3:1. Try:
- Protein shake with fruit
- Sweet popatoe with greek yogurt
Examples of quick and easy snacks are: yogurt, mini bagels, banana, smoothie, pretzels, and apple juice.
This sounds so so delicious right now.
Baked Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini
- canola cooking spray
- seasoned salt, or other seasoning(s) of your choice
Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil, and spray with canola oil. Set aside.
Slice zucchini into thin medallions, about the thickness of a quarter. (You can either use a knife & a very steady hand, or a mandoline slicer.)
Lay out slices on prepared baking sheet, and spray tops lightly with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. (A note on seasoning, however - use LESS than what seems appropriate. These shrink considerably in the oven, and if you use too much it gets very concentrated. It’s better to end up underseasoning and add more later.)
Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet, and bake an additional 30-50 minutes, until chips are browned and crisped to your liking. These are best eaten within a couple hours of removing from the oven, as they start to get chewy if left out. One zucchini makes one serving (1/4 C. - 1/3 C. of chips depending on the size of your squash).
I will only suggest using some other oil instead of canola because it’s not a very healthy option. Other than that - pure perfection!! <3
More chip recipes! I will probably make these more like the way I did the potato chips. Olive oil and sea salt.
Chips are just made from potatoes, olive oil, and sea salt. I’m going to make some soon!
Ever wonder what you should eat after a workout for the best results? Well here’s a chart I made just for you! Feel free to be the first one to pin this on Pinterest :)
Here are some of my favorite pre workout and post workout snacks.
- sliceof whole wheat bread with one tbsp of natural peanut butter and half a sliced banana
- sliced apple with one tbsp of natural peanut butter
- small fruit salad with a dozen almonds
- Luna bars (various flavors, but chocolate smore is my all time favorite!)
- sliced turkey meat
- chocolate protein shake (I keep a container of whey protein powder in my locker at the gym, so I usually just add water to it, but if I’m at home I can get creative)
- low fat or fat free greek yogurt
- cottage cheese with cut up strawberries
- veggies + hummus (usually combined with a little turkey meat on the side for extra protein)
YUM YUM YUM.