How to Practice Handstand!
Posts tagged video.
I decided to gather a list of health related documentaries. I have seen a few of them and plan on watching more. You can watch available films online, buy them, search for them on Netflix, or download the torrents (which I do and is safe). If you would like to torrent videos and don’t know how, let me know and I will explain it (: Also, It took me 5 hours to get this all together. Please do not re-post or steal as your own. Thank you.
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (trailer / full)
- The Please Trap (I can’t find a trailer, but you can buy the book, download the torrent, or watch Douglas Lisle’s Pleasure Trap lecture/presentation).
- Tapped (trailer / full)
- Burzynski, the Movie: Cancer Is Serious Business (full)
- FORKS OVER KNIVES (trailer / full)
- Food, inc (trailer)
- Supersize me (full)
- Fast Food Nation (trailer)
- Food Matters (trailer)
- Get Veducated (trailer)
- Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 days (trailer)
- Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World (trailer / full)
- Earthlings (trailer / full)
- Food that Kills (full)
- The Cure for Cancer (full) - lecture
- The Role of Meat in the Human Diet (full) - lecture
- The Waiting Room (trailer)
- Bigger Stronger Faster (trailer / full)
- Autism: Made in the Usa (trailer)
- How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind (full) - lecture
- Thrive: What on Earth will it Take? (trailer / full) (not health)
- The Big Fat Truth about Low Fat Foods (full) - very interesting!
- The Truth about Exercise (full)
- Chow Down (trailer / full)
- The Beautiful Truth - movie-documentary (trailer / full)
- The Gerson Miracle (trailer / full)
- The Vaccine Nation (trailer / full)
- Dying to Have Known (full)
- King Corn (trailer / full)
- The Dirt on Farmer John (trailer)
- Food Fight (trailer)
- All in this Tea (trailer)
- The Future of Food (trailer / full)
- Scientists Under Attack: GMO (trailer / full)
Can you limit your inactivity to just 23.5 hours a day? The importance of even light exercise in our daily routine.
Take the 10 minutes to watch.
How Adriana Lima Gets Her Body Runway Ready
She’s so pro! Haha. She just makes it all look so impressive.
Just playing. Quick fun extra afternoon flow. I did the other side after I stopped the video. :)
Really nice flow! I love this (:
By Dr. Mercola
Many people learn to loathe push-ups thanks to high-school gym class, but they are in fact one of the most effective and simplest exercises to build a strong upper body and midsection.
That is, provided you do them correctly.
An improperly performed push-up is a waste of your precious workout time, but by perfecting the technique, you can actually tweak the exercise to target different muscle groups, including not only your chest muscles but also your abs.
[WORLD’S FASTEST WORKOUT]
- Burns as many calories as a 40-60 minutes run.
- Makes your body adapt and improve very quickly.
- Increases metabolism for next 36 hrs
- Takes only FOUR minutes, no excuses.
0:00 - Squat Thrust
0:20 - Rest
0:30 - Mountain Climbers
0:50 - Rest
1:00 - High knees
1:20 - Rest
1:30 - Jumping Jacks
1:50 - Rest
2:00 - Squat Thrust
2:20 - Rest
2:30 - Mountain Climbers
2:50 - Rest
3:00 - High Knees
3:20 - Rest
3:30 - Jumping Jacks
3:50 - Rest
4:00 - DONE !
Cardio Yoga to get your heart rate up and pumping!
Great yoga workout that can be done in the comfort of your room… definitely a plus!
Core strength appreciation. This makes me excited to see what I’m capable of in 5 years if I can do this now. :)
Adding you to my list of inspirations… Actually, you were kinda already there but now it’s official.
this video helped me so much working on lotus handstand. this way is so much more controlled then what i was trying to do. i love you, kathryn budig. she’s so amazing.
she’s so helpful. I adore her!
The cats cracked me up haha
I’m going to try this. Those cats are so cute and funny haha.
What abs of steel? Try this 10 minute yoga ab routine, great for the beginning to advanced yogi:)
Haha the commentary is cute. “I think we’re almost done probably.”
want to learn scorpion pose?
it’s going to be a long road ahead, but this is a video of me showing you key moves and poses to practice in order to build up the strength you will need for the pose!
remember: you need to be able to hold a forearm stand with both legs straightened. how?
- forearm plank. i recommend practicing this pose everyday. once you build up your time to around 2-3 minutes, that’s great. it’s always good to strive to hold that even longer as well. a good way to build up your strength is just trying to hold it a little longer each day, by practicing, you’ll see results. this pose is also great for building core strength, you’ll need that too.
- downward facing dog on your forearms. same rules apply here as they do above. try to increase your holding time the same way you are doing for forearm plank.
- from downward facing dog on your forearms, raises your forearms up and down. by doing this everyday, you will strengthen your body to prepare for the final pose! do as many as you can, and everyday try to add more. it’s all about practice and finding what works for you. if you can only do one at a time for now, that’s fine. work up to raising both at once!
- forearm stand prep. from your downward dog on your forearms, raise one leg. hold that for three long deep breaths, then try the other side. repeat that as many times as you can. try to add more repetitions of that on every few days, while also staying in the pose for a few extra deep breaths as well to build your strength.
- forearm stand prep.. hops. from your forearm stand prep with one leg lifted, start taking little baby hops up, like you are going to counterbalance your legs in forearm stand. this is important: remember to draw your hoping leg up with your core strength, while also engaging your shoulders. you should know when it feels right. eventually, you’ll progress and jump high enough one day that you can draw your bottom leg up enough (using your core!) to be able to counter balance your legs. ***from a counterbalanced forearm stand, all it takes to draw your legs straight is core strength and stamina. practice drawing that bottom leg up everyday and the top leg back to meet it, and you will eventually get it. trust me, i’ve been there!
- forearm stand (straight legs.) from your full forearm stand, keep engaging your core and start to bend your legs back. don’t push it! just remember to try to breathe a little bit deeper into the pose everyday. again, i’ve been there. if you go easy with your breath and try to sink a little deeper on your exhales.. you’ll see your feet growing closer to your head eventually. then you should have a nice scorpion pose to add to your practice!
good luck. hope this helped. :) it may take months and months but, the end result is worth it! also remember, these can be done against a wall/chair/whatever until you feel comfortable and in control.
saving this for later
This is really informative. I also like the song.